SAAS Image editor that saves back to Uploadcare?

I am looking for a SAAS image editor, allowing me to make edits to assets uploaded to Uploadcare. I want this editor to be web based (hence SAAS), and the app should easily retrieve and save images to Uploadcare. Anyone know of such SAAS application?

Thanks for your question! Files uploaded to Uploadcare are not editable and can’t be modified. However, when it comes to images, you can upload a source image to Uploadcare and then request its transformed/processed version via our image processing API. You may want to take a look at our Image Editor add-on for the File Uploader. It provides a UI for adding image transformations that uses the image transformations API under the hood.

Could you tell us a little more about your potential usage scenario?

Scenario is straighforward: I need to blur personal identifiable info (like usernames, messages, faces). For faces UC has a solution, but not for the rest (which will always be a manual process I am afraid).

Thanks for the clarification! We may consider adding text blur and other advanced editing features to our processing in the future. There are many web-based image editing tools, but I’m not sure which one is more convenient in terms of integrating with other services, as we haven’t researched this topic yet. From the Uploadcare perspective, our platform offers APIs for uploading and retrieving files from the CDN, so it should be relatively easy to integrate it with any other service that is capable of working with external APIs.

Thanks for the clarification! We may consider adding text blur and other advanced editing features to our processing in the future. There are many web-based image editing tools, but I’m not sure which one is more convenient in terms of integrating with other services, as we haven’t researched this topic yet. From the Uploadcare perspective, our platform offers APIs for uploading and retrieving files from the CDN, so it should be relatively easy to integrate it with any other service that is capable of working with external APIs.

1 Like

It’s a little cumbersome, but doable:

1. Sync Uploadcare files with another service (like Airtable).
  2. Edit photo with a SAAS image editor (not sure which one yet).
  3. Save back to Airtable.
  4. Upload back to Uploadcare.
  5. Remove original upload? (otherwise lots of files will be duplicate).

Happy to see the Cloud Image Editor, which is getting very close to what I am looking for. It would 100% serve my use case if:

• The editor would allow drawing rectangle overlays.

Bonus:

• The editor would allow drawing rectangle overlays which blur what’s underneath (use case: hiding sensitive information from an image).
1 Like