Jotform api is very confusing for my customers

Jotform api is very confusing for my customers. The biggest problem I have is customers cant figure out how to upload more than 1 photo, while I know its fairly simple I think a few minor tweaks to the api would work wonders. When a customer clicks on “Choose a local file” they automatically choose the 1 file they want as opposed to all the files the want. Once they get their 1 photo there are 2 confusing buttons below; “ADD” and “NEXT” neither of which we want them to click but in the consumers mind it makes sense to click either of them which I think is where the main problem stems from. If you could either add a button or change the current button saying “Add” and change it to “add more files” and that would take the user back to the hamburger menu of options on where to obtain the file to upload. & “add selected files” to the form

Hi @JK_Inc,

Thanks for the feedback! We’ll definitely consider improving this part of the UI in the new uploader we’re working on. There are a couple of things I can recommend to make it easier for your users to navigate over the widget and to improve the overall user experience.

1. You can add a label to the hamburger menu button to let your users know that they need to click it to add more files. It can be done with some CSS
.uploadcare--menu__toggle:after {
  content: "Add more files";
  position: absolute;
  margin-left: 0.7rem;
  font-size: 1.1rem;
  top: 20px;
  color: #000000;
  font-weight: 600;
}
  1. You can change the label on the Add button to Done. In this case, it will be more obvious that clicking on it will finalize the process. Just add this to the additional widget settings field
  UPLOADCARE_LOCALE_TRANSLATIONS = {
    dialog: {
      tabs: {
        preview: {
          done: "Done",
          multiple: {
            done: "Done"
          }
        }
      }
    }
  }
  1. Optionally, you can set the minimum required number of files

In this case, the Add/Done button will be disabled until a user uploads the required number of files, so they won’t be able to click it.

1 Like

Those are very good suggestions and they may work. The problem is I can get the 1st option to work well (which may resolve a lot of issues) but the 2nd option I cant get to work in any way shape or form even by adding it alone in the Jotform Css field. Please advise?

@JK_Inc, could you clarify what is wrong with the first option?

As for the second option, it’s not a CSS code snippet. It needs to be added to the “additional global settings” field on the widget settings page.