Changes to API defaults

Hello everyone. Long-time user of the Uploadcare service, but first time community poster.

I noticed in the release notes that the API is changing for uploaded files default settings for users that existed before February (that includes my company).

The recommendation is to use “auto” to ensure that the project’s upload setting for whether or not to “store” files permanently or have them auto-delete after 24 hours, but the node.js @uploadcare/upload-client package which does not support the “auto” value for the “store” setting. The value is a boolean and must be either true or false.

My code was currently not setting this value, but the documentation does not list a default value.

Are my files going to be auto-deleted? This change was released several days ago, but so far I can still see the files in my projects have not been deleted.

Please provide details on the new behavior if you can.

Thank you all!

Update: After looking at the code for the packages index.node.ts file, it looks like the value for the “store” setting defaults to “auto” if it is not specified. That would imply that my code operates using my project’s auto store settings, which are set the way I want them.

Can anyone confirm or debunk that this is the way it works?

Hi @Ron_Barbosa, sorry for the delayed response!

After looking at the code for the packages index.node.ts file, it looks like the value for the “store” setting defaults to “auto” if it is not specified. That would imply that my code operates using my project’s auto store settings, which are set the way I want them.

Correct. If you omit the store setting, it defaults to 'auto'.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.