The Uploadcare team is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer who will become a part of the existing DevOps team and help it move quickly.
In this role, you’ll:
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services from inception and design through deployment, operation, and refinement.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning, and launch reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortem.
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems internals (e.g. filesystems, system calls), and networking (e.g. subnetting, routing, firewalls) or cloud systems.
- Experience analyzing and troubleshooting systems.
- Strong system-level debugging, software development language skills in Python, Go, or any other programming language.
You might be a fit if you:
- Have experience designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Have the ability to debug, optimize code, and automate routine tasks.
- Have a systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with excellent communication skills and a sense of drive.
- Have strong tooling and automation development experience.
- Have experience with performance analysis and debugging with tools like perf, sar, strace, dtrace.
- Have experience with configuration management systems such as Salt, Chef, Puppet, or Ansible.
- Have experience with load balancing and reverse proxies such as Nginx, Varnish, HAProxy.
- Have experience with time series databases (Prometheus, Graphite, Grafana).
- Have experience with SQL databases (Postgres or MySQL).
- Have experience working in a 24/7/365 service environment.
Uploadcare’s headquarters are in Vancouver, Canada, but many of our teams and roles are remote-first.
In-market salary and bonus based on both your and your team results.
Generous vacation policy.
Sponsorship to participate and speak at leading industry conferences.
Company-wide retreats twice a year.
Are you interested in joining the team? Please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us about yourself, provide a link to your Linkedin profile, including your CV, and add a few words about why Uploadcare is interesting to you.
At Uploadcare, we look for people passionate about what they’re doing. Sounds like you? Then do not hesitate to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. We welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions.